| SPINA BIFIDA MULTISPECIALTY CENTER
The St. Michael Spina Bifida Multispeciality Center (SBC) team members are dedicated to serving the complex needs of individuals and their families who have spina bifida. People of all ages are welcome to use the Center. However, our Centerís focus is on teens and adults.
Teens and adults will be offered services, which meet their special needs. These services will facilitate the process of transition to take on adult responsibilities. Teen and adults often serve as role models for the younger children in the Center. We believe that, along with continued medical care to maintain mobility, neurological functions, bowel-bladder control and back stability, addressing transition issues will improve quality of life. The Center follows The "Guidelines for Spina Bifida Health Care Services Throughout Life," recommended by the Spina Bifida Association of America (SBAA).
1. To add to the quality of life our patients / families are living.
2. Provide multispeciality services, which offer a comprehensive approach to health care in a coordinated manner.
3. Provide medical services for acute care through St. Michael Hospital as needed.
4. Encourage patient/parent advocacy.
5. Provide current information on appropriate community services.
6. Promote continuity of care during hospitalizations.
7. Offer technically advanced therapy and testing for the neurogenic bladder and bowel.
8. Provide a latex-free environment.
9. Work with health care providers in the community.
10. Serve as an information and referral center.
- Family Practice Physicians
- Orthopedic Physicians
- Behavioral Health Professionals
- Bowel and Bladder Education and Therapy
- Enterostomal Therapy
- Skin Care Evaluation and Treatment
- Orthotic Services Including Brace Evaluation/Construction
- Physical Therapy Services Through the St. Michael Hospital Physical Therapy Department
- Social Services
- Urodynamic testing
How to Access the Center
Call 414-527-8556 for questions and to schedule and appointment